Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):


  1. Will my vehicle need an inspection before getting a license plate? YES

  2. What identification is required to register a vehicle in North Carolina?  NC Driver License, NC identification Card, or NC Driver's Permit

  3. Does my vehicle property taxes have to be paid before I can register my vehicle? Yes, if your vehicle is already registered in the State of North Carolina. If you are registering a vehicle for the first time in North Carolina in your name, you can defer the property taxes for 60 days.

  4. When do I not have to get my vehicle inspected? 35 years or older vehicles

  5. What are safety and emission inspection fees? Safety inspection fees are $13.60 Emissions Inspection fees are $30.00(which includes a safety inspection).

  6. What happens if my vehicle is not inspected by the expiration date? Your vehicle registration will automatically be blocked. You MUST get your vehicle inspected before you can renew your vehicle registration.

  7. If you travel through Wake County(Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Holly Springs, Apex) will I be subject to a TOLL-Violation?  Yes, if you travel to NC -540 and airport you will be traveling the Toll Road. You will receive a bill from NC DOT for traveling that Toll road

Web Design by TMC Express LLC